06 August 2009

Jersey Runner Blog

About ten years ago I met Craig Segal. He was a high school junior developing into one of New Jersey's elite distance runners. Craig's senior year he was the New Jersey State 3200 meter champion running 9:17. After high school he attended Villanova where he ran for legendary Irish miler Marcus O'Sullivan. In the fall of 2006 I returned to my alma mater, Monmouth University as an assistant cross country coach and Craig was enrolling as a graduate student, completing his fifth year of eligibility as a Hawk. Over the next year we spent many hours training, racing and traveling around the northeast. During the outdoor track season he broke my school record for 10,000 meters. Upon completing his eligibility Craig asked me if I would be interested in coaching him in his post colligate endeavors. I excepted and Evolution Performance Training was born. His goal was/is simple. Run the marathon and run it as fast as he possibly can. On November 23, 2008 at the Philadelphia Marathon, Craig ran 2:25.09 to finish 4th overall. On November 22, 2009 he will be toeing the line again in Philadelphia. Through out the fall Craig will be blogging for all to see his build up to the Marathon. Click here to see how Craig's training is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment